Fostering Family Engagement in School
While most students spend a large portion of their week in school, their education is often directly impacted by the world outside of it. It is vital that schools, families, and community organizations work together to ensure each student’s wellness and success.
This webinar addresses how schools can foster family involvement and engagement to increase student feelings of belonging and academic success. The presenters define engagement, explain common barriers, and provide concrete steps to address them. A host of additional resources are also provided to help schools move forward with their family engagement efforts.
- Explain the importance of family engagement in school
- Describe the common barriers to family engagement in school activities
- Apply strategies to address barriers and increase family engagement
- Pamela Black, MA, MEd, Consultant on Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Oriented Schools, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
- Mari Aceves, Ed. D, DSW, BCBA, Consultant, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
Continuing Education Credit
This webinar is offered for an NCSS certificate of completion.
Pamela Black, MA, MEd; Mari Aceves, Ed. D, DSW, BCBA; Emily Torres, MPH; Carolyn Seiger, MA; Brent Miller, MA, PMP
This webinar occurred on June 22, 2022. It is available on-demand through the Enroll button.