Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Oriented Classrooms
In this self-paced training, presenters discuss the concept of Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Oriented Schools. This innovation encourages schools to infuse the values of safety, trust, choice, collaboration, empowerment, peer support, diversity and inclusion into their Multi-Tiered System of Supports. This training contains three modules: Safe and Secure Environments for All, Addressing Implicit Bias in the Classroom, and Addressing Challenging Behaviors in the Classroom.
- Describe the components of a trauma-informed, resilience-oriented classroom
- Define the categories of safety
- Summarize the impact of implicit bias on academic outcomes
- Implement trauma-informed, resilience-oriented strategies to address educational disparities
- Adapt three methods of addressing behavioral concerns
Linda Henderson-Smith, PhD, LPC, Consultant, Trauma-Informed Resilience-Oriented Care, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
Pamela Black, MA, MEd, Consultant on Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Oriented Schools, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
Continuing Education Credit
This webinar is offered for an NCSS certificate of completion.
Linda Henderson-Smith, PhD, LPC, CPCS, CCMP; Pamela Black, MA, MEd; Emily Torres, MPH; Phoebe Kulik, MPH, CHES; Carolyn Seiger, MA; Brent Miller, MA, PMP