Supporting Youth Mental Health
This webinar occurred on April 13, 2023. It is available on-demand through the Enroll Now button.
The percentage of adolescents who experience persistent feelings of sadness or hopelessness has been on an upward trend over the last decade. In order to address these mental health challenges, increased support from schools, communities, and families is needed.
This webinar features panelists from Sandy Hook Promise sharing ideas for how educators might discuss mental health with students. Tips and additional resources are also provided.
- Describe key considerations for talking to youth about mental health.
- Participate in activities that contribute to positive mental health for staff and students.
- Understand what mental health resources are available.
- Jim Wise, LCSW, Director of SAVE Promise Clubs with Sandy Hook Promise
- Alex French, Associate Director of Program Development at Sandy Hook Promise
- Michelle Hinds, former Sandy Hook Promise School Advisory Board member
- Patty Mullins, Sandy Hook Promise School Advisory Council member
Continuing Education Credit
This webinar is offered for an NCSS certificate of completion.