School Climate & Safety in the Distance Learning Environment
This session was originally the first in a four-part series on Improving School Climate & Safety Through Inter-Professional Collaboration. As a stand-alone training, this webinar looks at school climate and safety, specifically as they relate to the distance learning environment. Drawing from experts, this session provides guidance on how individuals in a variety of roles can contribute to school climate and safety away from the physical classroom environment.
- Identify how school climate changes for online learning.
- Describe challenges that can arise in building school climate when using distance learning.
- Reflect on opportunities for inter-professional collaboration in building school climate.
- James Morris
- Dr. Rachel Masi (Director of Research, Sandy Hook Promise)
- Dr. Jennifer Maeng (Research Associate Professor, University of Virginia)
- Kate Schweit (Owner, Schweit Consulting)
- Pamela Black (Educational Consultant, National Council for Behavioral Health)
- Dave Okada (Principal-Safety and Threat Solutions, LLC)
Continuing Education Credit
This webinar is offered for an NCSS certificate of completion.