Safety Considerations for School Communities
This webinar occurred on September 10, 2021. It is available on-demand through the Enroll Now button.
As many schools return to in-person or hybrid schooling this fall, communities face a host of school safety challenges. A theme that underpins these challenges is uncertainty.
In this webinar, our panel of experts addresses some of the concerns that students, teachers, and administrators have expressed about the return to school this fall. We start with a short video in which school community members share their hopes and worries about school safety this year for the panelist to respond to.
- Recognize the variety of safety challenges that face school communities this fall
- Discover strategies and resources to help school communities address these challenges
- Connect with peers to share ideas and best practices
- Rachel Masi, PhD, Director of Research, Sandy Hook Promise
- Ron Avi Astor, PhD, Professor of Social Welfare, University of California, Los Angeles
- Sean Hankins, MSW, Director of the Michigan State University Adolescent Diversion Program
Continuing Education Credit
This webinar is offered for an NCSS certificate of completion.
Rachel Masi, PhD; Ron Avi Astor, PhD; Sean Hankins, MSW; Phoebe Kulik, MPH, CHES; Emily Torres, MPH; Carolyn Seiger, MA; Brent Miller, MA