2022 Training Needs Assessment Report
Data compiled from 2018-2021 STOP grantee survey responses and NCSS review of 2021 STOP proposals.
The Training Needs Assessment is a tool that allows NCSS to better understand STOP grantee experiences implementing school safety strategies, their specific training needs, evidence-based practice implementation, and COVID-19 influences on school safety activities. Through the survey results, we were equipped to identify and address needs and provide effective training and technical assistance to grantees in 2021-2022.
- NCSS sent a survey link and invitation for participation to all 856 STOP grantees awarded in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- We received 229 completed surveys as of May 16, 2022.
- Of all survey respondents, 36% were from the 2018-2019 cohort, 34% were from the 2020 cohort, and 30% were from the 2021 cohort.
- NCSS reviewed the 218 proposals that received STOP grant funding from the US DOJ in 2021.
- About 66% of the applications were from the Office of COPS, and 34% were from the BJA.
Download the full report as a PDF by clicking the button in the sidebar.