2021 Training Needs Assessment Report
Data compiled from 2018-2020 STOP grantee survey responses and NCSS review of 2020 STOP proposals.
The Training Needs Assessment is a tool that allows NCSS to better understand STOP grantee experiences implementing school safety strategies, their specific training needs, evidence-based practice implementation, and COVID-19 influences on school safety activities. Through the survey results, we were equipped to identify and address needs and provide effective training and technical assistance to grantees in 2021-2022.
- NCSS sent a survey link and invitation for participation to all 734 STOP grantees awarded in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- We received 240 completed surveys as of May 14, 2021.
- Of all survey respondents, 57% were from the 2018-2019 cohort, 4% were from the 2019 (supplemental) cohort, and 39% were from the 2020 cohort.
- NCSS reviewed the 283 proposals that received STOP grant funding from the US DOJ in 2020.
- About 57% of the applications were from the Office of COPS, and 43% were from the BJA.
Download the full report as a PDF by clicking the button in the sidebar.